A Walk in Their Boots
About the Event
For a full description, schedule, and event information please visit the event website. A small excerpt from the event website has been provided below.
This is a multi era event with Living Historians representing Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines from the Revolutionary War to current day. The purpose of the event is primarily education accomplished through first person impressions, living history displays, demonstrations, drill and combat simulations. It is Free to the Public and is held the first full weekend in November.
NOTE: By the time November 2021 rolls around, these plans may change, so please check back on our website here for any updates on how Covid-19 guidelines might change, including the lucheon mentioned below.
To keep the public, presenters and reenactors safe, the following measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for the novel corona virus (COVID-19) will be implemented:
- Visitors will check in at the welcome area
- Everyone will be requested to bring a face mask or covering and wear it where appropriate
- The event will be conducted as self-guided tours of the static displays
- Tour group size will be limited to 10 participants. Everyone will be required to maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet
- While most activities are held outside, indoor presentations (masks required) in the auditorium will be limited to 50 people at a time
- Scheduled battle reenactments and weapons displays will be performed in the open fields with visitors observing from a safe distance and keeping themselves 6 feet apart
- Hand sanitizers will be available